YEAR OF CALL: 2005
2006 B.C.L., Oxford University
2004 LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
2001 B.A. Honours, Political Studies, Queen’s University
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association
Andrew Astritis provides advice and representation to unions and employees in the areas of labour, employment, administrative, human rights and constitutional law. Andrew works to advance the law in areas that will benefit workers and vulnerable groups. Andrew has extensive experience in judicial review and appellate litigation, and has been involved in leading cases on the duty to accommodate family status, essential services, public service pension litigation, and the collective rights of workers under the Charter. He has appeared before labour arbitrators, administrative tribunals and all levels of court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
Andrew is regularly invited to speak at conferences on a variety of legal issues. He previously served as a law clerk for the Honourable Justice John Evans at the Federal Court of Appeal.
- Canada (Attorney General) v Johnstone, 2014 FCA 110; Fiona Ann Johnstone v Canada Border Service Agency, 2010 CHRT 20
- Telecommunications Employees Association of Manitoba Inc v Manitoba Telecom Services Inc, 2014 SCC 11
- Public Service Alliance of Canada v. Canada Post Corporation, 2011 SCC 57
- Canada (Human Rights Commission) v. Canada (Attorney General), 2011 SCC 53
- McIlvenna v Bank of Nova Scotia, 2014 FCA 203