James Cameron will be speaking at an Ontario Bar Association program entitled Harassment Investigations: Pitfalls, Best Practices and New Approaches on Thursday, March 25, 2010.
James will be speaking from the perspective of an employee representative in harassment investigations, and will address issues including:
- How do harassment policies fit with related legislation and regulations?
- What are the procedural fairness requirements for harassment investigations?
- How should privacy/confidentiality issues be dealt with in the investigation process?
- What are the most common errors in an investigation, and what are the best practices?
- What are the viable alternatives for fixing dysfunctional workplaces without conducting a major investigation, and when are they most effective?
Visit the OBA website for more information.