RavenLaw is proud to support our community in a variety of ways. Some of the community organizations and events our lawyers have recently been involved in include:
- As Chair of the Patient Education Committee for Kidney Cancer Canada, Mary Mackinnon has been assisting in planning a national patient conference on new treatments and survivorship issues, to be held in Calgary April 11 2015;
- As a Director on the Ottawa Chamber Music Society’s Board, Ella Forbes-Chilibeck hosted a Reception for the benefit of the Ottawa Chamber Music Society on October 27th. Approximately 40- 50 people attended to introduce and welcome the new OCMS Executive Director, Maxim Antoshin;
- David Yazbeck is a member of the Board of Directors of the Workers’ History Museum;
- Wassim Garzouzi is on the Advisory Board for Everest College’s Paralegal program;
- David Yazbeck mentors new lawyers through The University of Ottawa and Ella Forbes-Chilibeck mentors new lawyers through the Ontario Bar Association Mentorship Program;
- RavenLaw supported the annual Ottawa Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund Person’s Day Breakfast, held on November 10. A group of RavenLaw lawyers attended the breakfast, which featured Cindy Blackstock from the First Nations Caring Society as the keynote speaker. RavenLaw congratulates LEAF Ottawa on another successful Person’s Day Breakfast.
- Kim Patenaude and Dayna Steinfeld mentor University of Ottawa law students through the Women’s Legal Mentorship Program.