Job Title: Legal Assistant
Raven, Cameron, Ballantyne & Yazbeck LLP/s.r.l. are seeking a full-time Legal Assistant. We are located downtown Ottawa, offer a competitive salary and benefits with a great work environment. If you have the desire and willingness to work, learn, succeed and have fun while working in a legal environment, contact us.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary job responsibilities are:
- Provide administrative legal support to two Partners.
- Drafts, types and formats correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents
- Reads, sorts, dates and dockets incoming mail, faxes and e-mail messages.
- Ensures printing, copying and binding of documents for use before Courts, tribunals or arbitrators
- Serves and files documents for Courts or tribunals when required.
- Establishes and maintains calendar and BF system
- Opens new files, ensures conflict of interest checks and maintains all client and general files
- Makes appointments and book board rooms accordingly
- Edit and processes bills using PCLaw and track overdue accounts
- Researches and books appropriate travel arrangements for lawyer(s)
- Performs overload typing, filing, photocopying, or reception relief
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices through education or experience
- Approximately 3 years on the job experience is an asset.
- Software knowledge of MS-Word, WordPerfect, Microsoft Outlook and PCLaw
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with clients, lawyers and staff
Please submit applications to Sonya Rogozynski, Raven, Cameron, Ballantyne& Yazbeck LLP/s.r.l. 1600-220 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa ON K1P 5Z9, fax 613-567-2921 or email email@example.com.